Use Your Gifts at SJCS
Our community members have always demonstrated unbounded generosity with their time and talents. There are many ways to get involved at SJCS and use your unique gifts to bless our students, teachers, and community.
Ways to Volunteer at SJCS:
- Room parents
- Event setup / teardown
- Guest speakers in classrooms, at parent education nights, or at chapel
- Annual fundraisers (Walk-A-Thon and Auction)
- Classroom / teacher helpers
- Field trip chaperones
- Athletics (coaching, team parents, transportation)
- Theater performances (hair/makeup, props, sound booth)
- Music performances (transportation, setup, teardown)
- Gardening / landscaping
- Event planning committees
- Classroom parties
- Campus cleanup and upgrades
- Community building efforts
- CPTA leadership
- and more!
Not sure where to start? Come by the main office or contact us to learn more about how to best use your gifts at SJCS.
The Christian Parent Teacher Association (CPTA) is SJCS's largest parent-run volunteer organization. The CPTA provides an avenue for parents to support the mission of SJCS through its assistance of teachers and administrators, fundraising efforts, and active role in fostering and promoting a vibrant Christian community at SJCS.
CPTA meets monthly to discuss upcoming events, ideas for community-building, and to support needs at SJCS. Check our calendar and join us at the next CPTA meeting!
- Promote fellowship among the members of the school community
- Promote communication among all groups which are involved with the school
- Educate the school community and, as possible, the community at large as to the nature and purpose of Christian Education
- Raise money for the benefit of San Jose Christian School